Roundtable Discussion on Policies and Plans for Implementation and Monitoring of REDD+ Activities in KPHP Tasik Besar Serkap
Roundtable discussion on the topic "Policies and Plans for Implementation and Monitoring of REDD+ Activities in KPHP Tasik Besar Serkap" conducted on 12-13 November 2014 at The Premiere Hotel, Pekanbaru.
This roundtable discussion is also an opportunity to collect a wide range of stakeholders: government officials (Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Pustandling, Riau Forestry Service), the Government of Korea, KPHP TBS, Forest Service Pelalawan, Pekanbaru Forestry Training Centre, BP2HP3 Pekanbaru, Forest Service and Plantation of Siak District, HTI Company, Consulting and the academics, together to discuss the way forward in the development of REDD+ projects in KPHP Tasik Besar Serkap.
The workshop was officially opened by Prof. Dr Ir. Irwan Effendi M.Sc on behalf of the Head of Riau Forestry and attended by about 65 participants from the Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Pustandling, the Korean Government, Forestry Service of Riau, Riau Forestry Training Center, KPHP TBS, HTI Company, consultants, and various other stakeholders.
Roundtable discussion presents the first day 6 speakers with a presentation as follows:
- “Introducing REDD+ in Indonesia”, by Center for Standardization and Environment
- “Regional Policy on REDD+ (RAD GRK)” by Pof Rifardi (Riau Province REDD+ Task Force)
- “Korea-Indonesia FMU/REDD+ Join Project at Tasik Besar Serkap” by Co-Director
- “Carbon Credit Acquire Through VCS Mechanism” by PT. SG Consulting.
- “TBS FMU Management Plan” by Agus Ryanto (Head of TBS FMU)
- “Carbon Credit Concept Through Restoration Ecosystem Concession” by Mr. Arlan (Directorate General for Enterprises Wood (Direktorat Jenderal BUK))
- “The Role of TBS FMU in Reducing Emission (REDD+)”, by Dr. Upik Rosalina (CER Indonesia)
On the second day of the roundtable discussion, 7 presentations were given, namely:
- "Role KPHP Tasik Besar Serkap in REDD+ Development Activities", by Prof. Dr Rizaldi Boer (Steering Committee - CER Indonesia)
- "Explanation Outline PDD (Project Design Document)", by Dr. Upik Rosalina (Team Leader of the PDD Team - CER Indonesia)
- "Institutional Strengthening Linkages KPH TBS in MRV and Policy on Supporting the Implementation of REDD+", by Prof. Dr Bramasto Nugroho (Policy Specialist - CER Indonesia)
- "Related Explanation MRV for Monitoring Carbon", by Prof. Dr Lilik Budi Prasetyo (MRV Specialist - CER Indonesia)
- "Hydrological Monitoring Design", by Prof. Dr Budi Indra Setiawan (Hydrology Specialist - CER Indonesia)
- "Spatial Data for the Preparation of the PDD", by Bukti Bagja, S.Hut, M.Si (GIS Specialist - CER Indonesia)
- "Social and Economic Issues in the Development of REDD Activities", by Muhammad Ridwan, S.Hut (Socio-Economy Specialist - CER Indonesia)