Discussion on Standard High Carbon Stock (HCS) Division of Forestry
Center for Standardization and Environment (Pustanling), Ministry of Environment and Forestry held a further discussion on the topic "Discussion Regarding Concepts and Standards Initiatives High Carbon Stock (HCS) Division of Forestry". The purpose of this discussion is (i) to gain understanding and knowledge of relevant parties HCS concept in forestry, both for pulp wood and oil palm industries (ii) to collect information and lessons learned from the implementation of several initiatives in the HCS standard pulp wood and palm industry oil (iii) to look at the opportunities and challenges (technical and legal aspects) in the preparation of the HCS standard forestry.
This discussion is also an opportunity to collect a wide range of stakeholders: government officials (Center for Standardization and Environment (Pustanling), Ministry of Environment and Forestry and the Advisor to the Minister of Environment and Climate Change), forestry businesses (HTI), the businesses of oil palm plantations, APHI, GAPKI, NGOs, consultants and various other agencies to come together to discuss the way forward on the initiative of the HCS on wood pulp and palm oil industries.
The discussion was opened by the Advisor to the Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Mrs. Dr. Ir. Yetti Rusli, M.Sc and introductory discussion presented by Mr. Dr. Ir Agus Sarsito, M.For.Sc as Head Pustanling. The discussion was attended by approximately 50 participants included representatives from the scope of the work units of the Ministry of Environment and Forests related, businesses forest (HTI), the businesses of oil palm plantations, APHI, GAPKI, researchers, NGO / NGOs, consultants and various other institutions.
Presentations given by :
- IDH Sustainable Trade, presents "The concept of HCS Standards for Wood Pulp Industry"
- Mr. Petrus Gunarso (PT RAPP), presents "Lessons Learned from the Pilot Project Standard HCS PT. RAPP"
- Director of BUHT, presents "Opportunities and Challenges of Implementation HCS Judging from the Technical and Legal Aspects"
- Greenomics, presents "Concepts and Standards Initiative HCS on Palm Oil Industry"
- Mr. Muhammad Ridwan (CER Indonesia), presents "Critical Review of the Implementation of Standard HCS Palm Oil Industry"
On the second day (October 30, 2014), APHI, HCS Focus group discussion held at the Museum of Forestry, Manggala Wanabakti. FGD was attended by some 40 participants composed of representatives working units scope of the Ministry of Environment and Forests related businesses forest (HTI), the businesses of oil palm plantations, APHI, GAPKI, researchers, NGO / NGOs, consultants and various agencies other. Presentation given by:
- Mr. Iwan Setiawan (Sinar Mas Forestry), presents "HCS Study Results and Recommendation"
- Mr. Peter Gunarso (PT RAPP), presents "HCS: Avoid Deforestation, avoid compensation, trade or competition in the name of consumers?
- Mr. and Mr. Musnandar. Delon (TNC Indonesia), presents "Forest Carbon Stock Estimation"
- Mr. Ari Suharto (Indonesia CER), presents "Critical Review of Implementation of the HTI and HCS Standard Oil Palm Plantation Indonesia"