National Workshop on Training of Trainers on CDM Project Development
National workshop on the training of trainers on the development of CDM projects conducted on 12-14 June 2006 at the SEAMEO Biotrop, Bogor. The training was organized by GTZ, Eco Securities, Pelangi, and Carbon and Environmental Research (CER) in cooperation with the Indonesian National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas) and Asian Development Bank (ADB).
The purpose of this training are: (i) to develop the capacity of stakeholders in identifying and assessing CDM projects that promise, (ii) to introduce the basic principles and additions, and (iii) enhance the capacity of stakeholders to develop the concept of CDM projects and has better understanding of the elements of the PDD.
The training was opened with an opening speech by Dr. Agus Prabowo from Bappenas. The training was attended by 32 participants from various stakeholders and academics.
The training is done in three days. Presentation topics are:
- "Overview of CDM (project cycle, the process of making the PDD and approval of the host country", by Dr. Rizaldi Boer (CER Indonesia)
- "Concept of baseline and additionality", by Mr. Holger Liptow
- "PIN and PDD CDM projects", by Dr. Rizaldi Boer (CER Indonesia)
- "Potential CDM projects the field of new and renewable energy as well as various methods for estimating emission reductions," Dr. G. Retno Dewi (CER Indonesia)
- "Potential CDM projects in energy efficiency as well as various methods for estimating emission reductions," Dr. G. Retno Dewi (CER Indonesia)
- "Potensi Proyek CDM Sektor Pengolahan Limbah dan Berbagai Metode untuk Memperkirakan Pengurangan Emisi", oleh Ms. Yuyun Ismawati
Second and third days of training, followed by a presentation of "how to prepare a project information note (PIN)" by consultants, practice to develop PIN PIN followed by presentations by the participants.